- Only entries which have been registered through the competition website, and entry fees paid through PayPal, will be judged.
- Only home-produced amateur meads may be entered.
- Limit two entries per sub-category per entrant.
- Two 12oz or larger bottles are required for evaluation. If entering smaller
bottles, three bottles are required to qualify for Best of Show.
- Bottles MUST be labeled with the registration entry number and BJCP style category. It is strongly preferred you print the labels from the registration website and affix them using rubber bands. PLEASE DO NOT USE TAPE TO AFFIX LABELS!!
- All entries become property of the Texas Mead Association. Entries will NOT
be returned to entrants.
- Entries must be received at drop-off locations between August 1st and September 1st. Entries must be received at shipping locations between August 1st and September 4th. Be sure to label your entries clearly as being for the Texas Mead Cup. If dropping off entries, request that your entry be placed with the Texas Mead Cup entries so that it doesn't accidentially end up at another competition. The drop-off locations and Texas Mead Association are not liable for lost or misplaced drop-off entries.
- The Texas Mead Association provides no warranty for your entry fee. Entries which are lost, broken, received after the deadline, or otherwise unfit for judging may not be judged and/or may be disqualified from winning medals. Under no circumstances will entry fees be refunded.
- All entry fees must be paid through PayPal on the registration website. NO EXCEPTIONS. Do not attach payment in cash or check to entries!!
- Entries will be judged in the category entered. The competition organizer, head judge, judges, and stewards will not recategorize your entry for you. If you enter it in the wrong category it will be judged in the wrong category. If you are unsure what category to enter a mead into, contact the competition organizer using the form on the competition registration website prior to registering your entry.
- The preferred carrier for shipping entries is FedEx. Declare your entries as "samples for analysis". DO NOT SHIP VIA THE UNITED STATES POSTAL SERVICE. SHIPPING OF ALCOHOL VIA THE USPS IS ILLEGAL. ANY ENTRIES SENT BY US MAIL WILL BE DESTROYED TO COMPLY WITH POSTAL REGULATIONS.
Meridian Hive Meadery
Attn: TMA Comp
8120 Exchange Dr.
Austin, TX 78754
- DeFalco's - both locations
- Farmboy Brew Shop
- Texas Homebrewers
- Backyard Home Brewers
- Brew it Yourself
- Cypress Grape and Grain
- Austin Homebrew
- SoCo Homebrew
You will be asked which drop-off location you are using when you register